BEVERLY HILLS COURIER
Last Updated: September 15, 2020
- Information we collect.
- What we do with the information we collect.
- How we share and disclose user information with third parties.
- Use of online analytics and tailored advertising.
- How you can access and update your information.
- How we protect information.
- Linked sites and advertisements.
- Use of the Site by users from outside the United States.
- Use of the Site by children.
- CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) NOTICE AT COLLECTION.
- California Do-Not-Track disclosure requirements.
- California Shine the Light.
- Opt-out Rights for California Consumers.
- How to contact us.
1. Information we collect.
1.1 Information you provide to us
We collect your personal information when you register with the Site, including but not limited to your name, username, password, email address and information you provide or post on our Site, such as when you:
- Enter registration information for one or more of our Sites;
- Navigate our websites;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Participate in voting or polling activities, surveys or similar activities where users are asked to respond to a variety of questions;
- Make a purchase;
- Post user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Site;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion; or
- Submit your information to us for any other reason.
1.2 Automatically-collected information.
1.2.1 Device/usage information.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers including mobile advertising identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Site; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, clicked items, interaction with advertisements, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, mouse hover including location and time spent on each area of the page, the date and time you used the Site, the frequency of your use of the Site, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we use third-party analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting and analyzing this information.
1.2.2 Location information.
We may collect different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g., IP address, ZIP code) and may use that information to customize the Site with location-based information, advertising, and features. If you access the Site through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device.
1.2.3 Cookies and other electronic technologies.
When you use the Site, we use persistent and session cookies and other similar tracking technologies to:
a) Store your username and password;
b) Monitor and analyze the usage of our sites and Site by collecting the information discussed in section 1.2.1 above;
c) Customize the Site to your explicit and inferred preferences; and
d) Tailor advertising displayed by the Site.
We along with our vendors may also use other Internet technologies, such as Flash technologies, Web beacons or pixel tags, and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and track your use of the Site, as well as serve you ads and personalize/customize your experience when you are using our Site and/or when you are on other websites when those cookies can be accessed. We also may include Web beacons in email messages, newsletters and other electronic communications to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics, personalization and advertising. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Site, and the advertisements you see may not be as relevant to you.
1.3 Information from third parties.
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, data services companies (e.g., for data enhancement) and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide.
1.4 Collection of information across personal devices, and applications.
We or our service providers may use the information we collect – for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses, hashed email addresses, and unique mobile device identifiers – to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computers), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content, features, and advertising, and provide you with a seamless experience across the devices you use to access the Site.
2. What we do with the information we collect.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications via SMS messages or other media or networks that you have requested;
- To notify you about new features of the Site, special events, or products, services, and special offers;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To attribute content that you make available through the Site;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and usage patterns of the Site;
- To perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Site;
- To offer, manage, monitor and improve the content and features of the Site or develop new Sites;
- To allow us to personalize or otherwise provide the content and advertising that you see on the Site and on other websites and mobile applications and to understand how users interact with and use our advertisements and Site;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Site;
- To administer and troubleshoot the Site; and
- To associate your activities, customize content or tailor advertising across different devices and browsers that you use to access the Site (for instance, computers, tablets, mobile devices, applications and websites).
The Site is supported by advertising revenue. We may send you commercial emails on behalf of ourselves, our affiliates, and advertisers. Each such email we send you will have an opt-out that you can use to stop receiving such communications.
3. How we share and disclose user information with third parties.
We may use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
b) We may share your information with any agent or company that is part of Beverly Hills Courier.
c) We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, provision of content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, shipping and fulfillment, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. When you sign up to participate in a contest or sweepstakes, your information may also be provided to our sweepstakes or contest advertisers, operators, or sponsors and the use of that information will be also governed by those advertisers’, operators’, or sponsors’ privacy policies or practices.
d) We may share your information with third parties for our own advertising and marketing purposes, with whom we have a contractual relationship.
e) We may access, disclose, transfer and preserve your information when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
ii. Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal processes; and respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory bodies, law enforcement, public authorities, or content protection organizations;
iii. Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
f) We may share your information in connection with any proposed or actual merger, reorganization, transfer of control, a sale of some or all Beverly Hills Courier assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
4. Beverly Hills Courier’s use of online analytics and tailored advertising.
4.1 Online analytics
We use Google Analytics to help us analyze how users use the Site. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site. We also use Google Analytics for certain purposes related to advertising, as described in the following section. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
5. How you can access and update your information.
To ensure that you have some control over the information we have about you, you may review and update certain user profile information by logging in to the relevant portions of the Site where such information may be updated or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How we protect information.
7. Linked sites and advertisements.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third-party websites. For certain advertising that appears in the Site, an advertiser may request, and you may directly provide to that advertiser, information such as your name, home address, or email address. When you provide information in that way, the information you submit may be used by the advertiser in any way that it chooses, including to market to you, or to share with others.
8. Use of the Site by users from outside the United States.
9. Use of the Site by children.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child in a manner inconsistent with legal requirements, we will either delete the personal information or seek consent from parents or guardians. A parent or guardian may contact email@example.com to review personal information provided by the parent’s or guardian’s child, have such information deleted, and/or refuse to allow further collection or use of such information.
10. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT (CCPA) NOTICE AT COLLECTION
The purpose of this Notice at Collection is to inform California consumers of the categories of personal information collected from them and the purposes for which the categories of personal information will be used. This notice is provided as a courtesy; and providing this notice, Beverly Hills Courier does not represent that it is subject to regulation by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and related regulations (the “CCPA”).
We collect the following categories of Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers you provide to us such as user name, password, email address, account name, name, address, telephone number, or other similar identifiers
- Internet or other electronic network activity information including, but not limited to browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, such as IP address and cookies
- Geolocation data
Advertising, including targeted advertising, enables us to provide you certain content for free and allows us to provide you offers relevant to you. We or our service providers may collect these categories of information for the following business or commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Providing the Site (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, customer service, analytics, and communication about the Site);
- Our or our service provider’s operational purposes;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our Site;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Site;
- Improving our existing Site and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as communicating with you about relevant products and services available to you from third party partners; or
- Other uses about which we notify you.
We may combine the information we collect (“aggregate”) or remove pieces of information (“de- identify”) to limit or prevent identification of any particular user or device.
California law requires operators of certain websites to compile metrics for the previous calendar year regarding consumer requests and responses.
12. California Do-Not-Track disclosure requirements.
We recognize browser-initiated Do Not Track signals from Google Analytics. We do not recognize or respond to other browser-initiated Do Not Track signals. The industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
13. California Shine the Light
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from operators of certain websites once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom their ‘personal information’ (if any, and as defined under applicable California law) has been disclosed for direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Opt-out Rights for California Consumers
This right applies to all California residents ages 16 or older and may be exercised at any time. California residents may opt-out of the “sale” of their personal information. Under the CCPA, sale is defined such that it may include allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as cookies, IP address, and/or browsing behavior, to deliver targeted advertising on the Site or other services. If you would like to opt out of our use of your information for such purposes that are considered a “sale” under California law, you may do so by submitting a sale opt-out request by emailing us at email@example.com. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
FOR ALL USERS
16. How to contact us.
Beverly Hills Courier
499 North Canon Drive, Suite 212
Beverly Hills CA 90210
Copyright © 2020, Beverly Hills Courier