BEVERLY HILLS COURIER
Last Updated: September 15, 2020
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND, AS A CONDITION TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS (THESE “TERMS”). If you are not eligible, or do not agree to the Terms, then you do not have our permission to use the Site.
- Child Privacy
- User Content License; Unsolicited Material and Ideas
- Transactions and E-Commerce
- Linked Sites
- Errors in Advertisements
- General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- International Users
- Modifying these Terms
- Discontinuation of Service
- Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
- General Provisions
If you are a registered user of the Site, you agree that Beverly Hills Courier may send you electronic mail for the purpose of advising you of updates to this Site, and/or its related sites, thereby providing You with information about goods or services, events or other items of possible interest.
2. Registration. Registration is not required to view certain Content (as defined below). However, to use some parts of the Site you may be required to register or subscribe and provide certain information about yourself. If you become a registered member of the Site, you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your registration account. You agree to provide true, accurate, complete, and correct information at the time of registration, and to promptly update this information as needed so that it remains true, accurate, complete, and correct. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your computer so others outside your household may not access the Site using your name in whole or in part without your permission.
3. Eligibility. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years old; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Site; and (c) your registration and your use of the Site complies with any and all applicable laws and regulations. If you are an entity, organization, or company, the individual accepting these Terms on your behalf represents and warrants that they have authority to bind you to these Terms and you agree to be bound by these Terms.
4. Child Privacy. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent except where otherwise permitted under The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and FTC Rule. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information online, in contravention of these measures, we will take all reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others or as required by law).
6. Copyright. All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through, or used in connection with the Site (with the exception of User Content as defined below), including, for example, news articles, stories, reviews, directories, guides, text, photographs, images, illustrations, audio clips, video, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos, and the like (collectively, the “Content”), as well as its selection and arrangement, is owned by Beverly Hills Courier and/or its licensors and suppliers. You may use the Content online only, and solely for your personal, non-commercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Content. If you operate a website and wish to link to the Site, you may do so provided you agree to cease such link upon request from us. No other use is permitted without prior written permission of Beverly Hills Courier. The permitted use described in this section is contingent on your compliance at all times with these Terms.
Except where explicitly provided for herein or on the Site, you may not republish any portion of the Content on any Internet, Intranet, extranet site or any other online or offline publication, or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive, cache, or similar medium. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not archive, modify, copy, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, publish, transmit, display or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape or otherwise copy our Content without our permission. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the Site nor to insert any code or product or manipulate the Content or the Site in any way, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. The use of such methods may violate the Copyright Act, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and other federal and state laws.
Requests to use Content for any purpose other than as permitted in these Terms should be directed to email@example.com. In certain cases, you may be able to use individual stories, articles, or video that appear on the Site through online functionality we have specifically designated (e.g., to e-mail a story to a friend). In such cases, we will tell you directly in the portion of the Content you may use or you will see a link in the Content itself that will permit you to email the story, article, or video, or purchase the rights to reproduce it.
7. Trademark. “Beverly Hills Courier Trademarks” means all names, marks, brands, logos, designs, trade dress, slogans, graphics and other designations Beverly Hills Courier uses in connection with its websites, publications, promotions, products or services, including but not limited to Beverly Hills Courier, Beverly Hills Style, and Beverly Hills Courier Style. You may not remove or alter any Beverly Hills Courier Trademarks or use Beverly Hills Courier Trademarks without Beverly Hills Courier’s prior written consent. You acknowledge Beverly Hills Courier’s rights in Beverly Hills Courier Trademarks and agree that any use of Beverly Hills Courier Trademarks by you shall inure to Beverly Hills Courier’s sole benefit.
8. User Content License; Unsolicited Material and Ideas. We are happy to hear from our users and welcome feedback regarding our Site. By using the Site and transmitting an unsolicited submission to us, you agree that you are not entitled to any compensation, credit or notice whatsoever with respect to such submission, and that by sending an unsolicited submission you waive the right to make any claim against the Site, Beverly Hills Courier and its parents, officers or directors relating to our use of such submission, including, without limitation, infringement of proprietary rights, unfair competition, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality, even if material or an idea is used that is or may be substantially similar to the idea you sent.
For all User Content you post, upload, or otherwise make available to the Site, you grant Beverly Hills Courier a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and fully sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from such User Content, in whole or in part, in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed. Without limiting the generality of the previous sentence, you authorize Beverly Hills Courier to: (i) share the User Content across all websites, mobile applications, newspapers and other online and offline services affiliated with Beverly Hills Courier; (ii) include the User Content in a searchable format accessible by users of the Site and other Beverly Hills Courier websites, mobile applications, newspapers and other online services; (iii) place advertisements in close proximity to such User Content; and (iv) use your name, likeness and any other information in connection with our use of the material you Provide. You waive all moral rights with respect to any User Content you Provide to the Site. All rights in this section are granted without the need for additional compensation of any sort by Beverly Hills Courier to you. You agree that you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Beverly Hills Courier and its officers, directors and employees for all claims resulting from User Content you post. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of such disputes, and in any event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defenses.
You also hereby grant each user of the Site a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Site, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Site and under these Terms.
9. Transactions and E-Commerce. During your visit to the Site, you may elect to engage in a transaction involving the purchase of a product or other tangible goods and services. Credit card transactions and order fulfillment are often handled by a third-party processing agent, bank or distribution institution. The Site cannot and does not take responsibility for the success or security of transactions undertaken or processed by third parties.
11. Errors in Advertisements. On occasion, a product or service may not be available at the time or the price as it appears in an advertisement or other material in the Site. In such event, or in the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error, technology error, error in the date or length of publication, error in pricing or product information received from our advertisers or suppliers, or for any other reason, you agree the Site is not responsible for such errors or discrepancies.
12. General Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. While the Site and Beverly Hills Courier use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, neither the Site nor Beverly Hills Courier make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the Content and assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omission in the Content. The Site and Beverly Hills Courier do not represent or warrant that use of any Content will not infringe rights of third parties. The Site and Beverly Hills Courier have no responsibility for actions of third parties or for content provided by others, including without limitation User Content.
USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT AND ACCESS TO THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” NEITHER BEVERLY HILLS COURIER, THE SITE, NOR ANY OF BEVERLY HILLS COURIER AND/OR SITE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS, MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING THE SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY (OR MAY NOT) BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. THE SITE, BEVERLY HILLS COURIER AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS OR MALWARE THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER PROPERTY. THE SITE CONTAINS FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD-PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. THE SITE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SITE. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SITE, BEVERLY HILLS COURIER AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SITE, BEVERLY HILLS COURIER AND/OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE LESSER OF $100 OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO USE THE SITE.
13. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Site and Beverly Hills Courier, as well as each of their respective parent companies, and each of their respective partners, suppliers, licensors, officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, representatives, contractors and agents, and sub-licensees from any and all claims (including but not limited to claims for defamation, trade disparagement, privacy and intellectual property infringement) and damages (including attorneys’ fees and court costs) in any and all jurisdictions arising from or relating to any allegation regarding: (1) your use of the Site; (2) the Site’s and/or Beverly Hills Courier’ use of any User Content or information you provide, as long as such use is not inconsistent with these Terms; (3) information or material provided through your registration account, even if not posted by you; and (4) any violation of these Terms by you.
14. International Users. The Site is controlled, operated and administered by Beverly Hills Courier from its offices within the United States. The Site and Beverly Hills Courier make no representation that materials or Content available through the Site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. You may not use the Site or export the Content and/or User Content in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If you are located in any member state that is part of the European Economic Area or any member state that has adopted the General Data Protection Regulation, you are not permitted to provide personal data to us.
15. Modifying these Terms. The Site and Beverly Hills Courier reserve the right to change these Terms at any time in their respective discretion and to notify users of any such changes solely by changing the Effective Date of these Terms. The most current version of these Terms will supersede all previous versions. Your continued use of the Site after the posting of any amended Terms shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. Your use of the Site prior to the time these Terms were posted will be governed according to the Terms that applied at the time of your use.
16. Discontinuation of Service. The Site may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of the Site, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability. The Site may deny access to any registered member or other user at any time for any reason, or no reason at all in our sole discretion. In addition, the Site or Beverly Hills Courier may at any time transfer rights and obligations under these Terms to any Beverly Hills Courier affiliate, subsidiary or business unit, or any of their affiliated companies or divisions, or any entity that acquires Beverly Hills Courier, the Site or any of their respective assets.
17. Disputes. For any dispute that is not subject to binding arbitration or otherwise as set forth in these Terms, you and the Site agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of and venue in the federal and state courts located in the State of California, County of Los Angeles. You further agree to accept service of process by mail, and hereby waive any and all jurisdictional and venue defenses otherwise available.
These Terms and the relationship between you and the Site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law provisions.
18. MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT.
You and Beverly Hills Courier agree that these Terms affect interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these arbitration provisions.
This Section is intended to be interpreted broadly and governs any and all disputes between us, including but not limited to claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory; claims that arose before these Terms or any prior agreement (including, but not limited to, claims related to advertising); and claims that may arise after the termination of these Terms. The only disputes excluded from this broad prohibition are the litigation of certain intellectual property and small court claims, as provided below.
By agreeing to these Terms, you agree to resolve any and all disputes with Beverly Hills Courier as follows:
Initial Dispute Resolution. Most disputes can be resolved without resort to litigation. You can reach our Customer Support Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Except for intellectual property and small claims court claims, the parties agree to use their best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation with our Customer Support Department, and good faith negotiations shall be a condition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
You are responsible for your own attorneys’ fees and a portion of filing fees and arbitrator and hearing expenses unless the arbitration rules and/or applicable law provide otherwise.
The parties understand that, absent this mandatory arbitration provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
You and Beverly Hills Courier agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of any federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California to compel arbitration, to stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
Class Action Waiver. The parties further agree that the arbitration shall be conducted in their individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and the parties expressly waive their right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. YOU AND BEVERLY HILLS COURIER AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provisions set forth above shall be deemed null and void in their entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes on a class basis.
Exception. Litigation of Intellectual Property and Small Claims Court Claims: Notwithstanding the parties’ decision to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may bring enforcement actions, validity determinations or claims arising from or relating to theft, piracy or unauthorized use of intellectual property in state or federal court or in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to protect its intellectual property rights (“intellectual property rights” means patents, copyrights, moral rights, trademarks, and trade secrets, but not privacy or publicity rights). Either party may also seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.
30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth above by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to email@example.com with the subject line, “MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER OPT-OUT.” The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of (a) the Effective Date of these Terms; or (b) the first date that you used the Site that contained any versions of the Terms that included this version of the mandatory arbitration and class action waiver, whichever is later. Otherwise, you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those paragraphs. If you opt out of these arbitration provisions, Beverly Hills Courier also will not be bound by them.
Changes to This Section. Any changes to this section will be made in the same manner as described in the Modifying these Terms section above; however, such changes will only become effective sixty (60) days after the revised Effective Date of these Terms and only will apply prospectively to claims arising after the sixtieth (60th) day. If a court or arbitrator decides that this subsection on “Changes to This Section” is not enforceable or valid, then this subsection shall be severed from the section entitled “Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver,” and the court or arbitrator shall apply the first Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section in existence after you began using the Site.
Survival. This Mandatory Arbitration and Class Action Waiver section shall survive any termination of your account or the Site.
19. General Provisions.
Force Majeure. The failure of the Site to comply with any provision of these Terms due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, pandemic, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of the Site (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Terms.
Severability. If for any reason any provision of these Terms is found unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to effect the intent of the parties as reflected in that provision, and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Section Titles. The section titles used in these Terms are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.
Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the Site and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No failure to exercise, and no delay in exercising, on the part of either party, any right or any power hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or power hereunder preclude further exercise of any other right hereunder. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and any applicable purchase or other terms, these Terms shall govern.
Copyright © 2020, Beverly Hills Courier